Membership of the Academy is limited to at most 125 elected members, who are normally Chartered Engineers or Fellows of Engineers Ireland.
This evening, the following Engineers were elected and welcomed as members:
- Lionel Alexander: Vice President and General Manager of Hewlett Packard (Manufacturing) Ltd;
- Thomas Brazil: Professor of Electronic Engineering, UCD and Hon. Secretary RIA;
- Martin Naughton: Founder and Chairman of Glen Dimplex;
- Eoin O'Driscoll: Managing Director Aderra Ltd and Chairman of Forfas; and
- Jim O'Hara: Vice President and General Manager Operations Intel Ireland